Going to a church for the first time takes courage; it’s not easy. We understand that, which is why we want you to know what you’re getting into before you darken the door at Redemption. So check out our past sermon series in the archive, listen to the sermon podcast, or see the calendar for upcoming events.
What to expect from worship at Redemption?
- Casual, hospitable atmosphere – the parking is easy, and our signs (or a friendly greeter) will point you toward the sanctuary. The pastor usually wears jeans, and if you wear a tie, we might just laugh at you.
- Kids are welcome in worship. We call the noise of children 'holy noise,' and we’re sure it makes God smile to see kids playing in his house. We have a designated Kids' Corner in the sanctuary, and the kids can either hang out there, or they can find a seat with you. About 15-20 into our worship service, all the children are invited to go to their classes, where they sing, learn, and grow together in age-appropriate settings. If your child would rather stay in the sanctuary with you, that’s fine, too. See more about our children’s programming.
- For infants and toddlers, a spacious, professional nursery is available.
- We have a full band of creative musicians (we're always looking for more), and they do a mix of ancient and modern music.
- The service is planned to be an hour long - about a half hour for music, prayer, etc., and another half hour for the message.
- After worship, people usually hang out in our Keystone Coffeehouse (an in-house, state-of-the-art café) for donuts, coffee, and conversation. If you have any other questions, check out our FAQ’s, or send us an email. We hope you’ll come this Sunday and experience Redemption for yourself.
O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His steadfast love endures forever.Psalm 136:1